Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Welcome to "the Sandwich" (my life)

I figured I needed an opening post to explain the strange name I came up with for my blog. Sandwiches are sadly a large part of my life. Not only do I enjoy eating delicious deli meat placed perfectly in between two full slices of whole grain bread after being slathered with spicy mustard, but they relate to my life much more than just my liking for them. Sandwiches represent my family as well. I have grown up with four brothers; two older and two younger, which my family and I call a "boy sandwich" (I don't exactly know why its considered a "boy" sandwich due to the fact that usually sandwich names are based on whats in between the unimportant bread, but that is beside the point.) Anyway, family has always and will forever be an important aspect in my life.

Unfortunately, not all sandwiches are good, tasty, and delicious....

The last way sandwiches are brought into my life somewhat relates back to having four brothers. Since the household is mostly male, besides my mother and I, we tend to be out number. This leads to women jokes and statements such as, "make me a sammich, woman." That phrase along with several other jokes are always replayed in the Proctor household. Even though I thoroughly dislike the jokes, I understand it is all in good humor and my life wouldn't be the same with out all the damn sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment