Monday, August 15, 2011

Make me a sandwich

My brother asked me to make him a sandwich yesterday while we were sitting around the pool. So I got up and said "of course!" (which is not a typical response...I usually say screw you or give them a death glare) Instead I walked upstairs to the kitchen, got out two slices of bread and sat there trying to figure out what he truly would enjoy on his sandwich. My first thought was to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with some lime juice so it looked like a typical sandwich but with a little twist to it. I decided to ditch that idea and started making a peanut butter and pepperoni sandwich. I slathered thick globs of peanut butter on one slice of bread until every corner was covered, and then I placed two layers of expired pepperoni on the second slice. Once my concoction was done, I placed the slices together, grabbed a cheese stick for a side dish, and headed back downstairs. I gave him the sandwich with a smile on my face and at that moment he knew something was up. He looked in between the two pieces of bread and just started laughing. To my surprise, he replaced the top slice of bread and took a large bite. His facial expressions while eating the whole sandwich was fully worth the 18 stairs I had to climb, the energy I had to use unscrewing a jar of peanut butter, and the annoyance of opening an expired bag of pepperoni. I don't think he will be asking me to make him a sandwich any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment