Saturday, August 13, 2011

Peacocks and peahens

Did you know that peacock is the male name for the peafowl and peahen is the female name. Well I didn't. I actually Stumbledupon this new information and found it very interesting due to my love of the peacock. Now mind you, I do not love peacocks because they are exciting animals that viciously destroy their prey, or love them because they are bigger than the size of a house. I like peacocks because they have the most broad range of colors that no other animal displays. I don't think there is any other creature on the planet that has as large of a spectrum of colors as the peacock does. (I sound like an old woman who's obsessed with her grandchildren, but this is a little more weird) Anyway, my point of this post was not to talk about my love of them but to post a painting I created for my sophomore year dorm room. It took me an incredible amount of time for how sucky it turned out, but I hung it up on my wall nonetheless and it brightened up the room in the slightest amount. I saw a drawing that inspired me to do this painting in the first place.  It was of a person kneeling on the floor but the outline of the body was created using feathered brush strokes like I tried to recreate here. It was black and white and the human form had no detail in it besides the outline of the body. I liked the simplicity of it all and the lack of detail. So I took that idea and drew something with a little more personality and a peacock is what I came up with. I added color because the black and white wasn't working out very well and this was the final creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment